MAKING SURE THIS LASTS.
In 2012, we received a green audit through a partnership with the North Canton Chamber and Stark State Environmental Department. We were able to truly step back and evaluate our operations and become a bigger part of the solution.
Here is what we are currently doing.
- All of our packaging is recyclable and/or compostable.
- Eighty percent of our in-store waste is recycled.
- All of our in-store light bulbs are energy efficient.
- We purchase locally and seasonally to help reduce our carbon footprint.
- Our meats are raised using sustainable and free-range farming methods with ethical practices.
- It is our goal to purchase from farmers who engage in sustainable agriculture by not harming our environment, who produce high-quality, natural food, who take into account social consequences and uphold ethical treatment of animals.
- We minimize our print marketing materials.
- We are in constant search of new ways to cut waste and save energy.
Please, always feel free to approach us with new ideas! We are here to continuously learn and grow. There will never be a day when we know it all.